Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Stocks

TOPIC: Hello everyone. Today's the @etoroteam, and @popul

Hello everyone. Today's the @etoroteam, and @popul 3 weeks 1 hour ago #357

• mr.siargao
  • Administrator
?️ Editor's Choice ?️

?Hello everyone. Today's the @etoroteam, and @popularinvestors have chosen me among the editor's choice of this week. I wanted to thank them for this. Besides, I'm not the only value investor chose for the editor's choice. @Lordfoofoo, @georgech89, and @viveredidividend are featured too. So I'm glad that we all are featured.

I wanted to write this post because many new people are following today, so I wanted to talk to you a little about myself and my strategy:

Who am I:

?I'm an official eToro Value Investor, and I'm currently working as CFO of Mexico and Central America for a Spanish multinational company. I've been in this role for almost 4 years now. Before coming to Mexico, I went to Morocco and Algeria as the finance manager of those countries.

I studied Law and Business at the University Carlos III of Madrid. I also hold a Master's Degree in Financial Management from the University Pompeu Fabra. These are two of the most respected universities for business (and law) in Spain.

My Strategy:

?As I said before, I'm a value investor. I buy companies below their intrinsic value to have a wide margin of safety to preserve capital. With this approach, we can ensure that our capital will be safe and will compound over the years, aiming a double-digit return yearly, as an average.

?But, as value investors, we can have many approaches. The one I like is the most is buying high ROIC companies at reasonable prices. That is a quality approach. For that, I like studying the companies' competitive position, evaluating if they have a moat and if it is sustainable. If they have these characteristics, I wait for the company to be undervalued and build a position.

?However, we cannot always find quality companies at reasonable prices. So, we have to look for other businesses that are undervalued, which is more like a deep-value approach. When I find an undervalued company, I require a wide discount to intrinsic value (of over 30%, likely over 50%), and I build a position in it. Since the inception of the portfolio, I've found several companies with this approach: United Natural Foods (UNFI), DELL, and now $VST (Vistra Energy Corp), of which we have a large position.

?With high-quality companies, I expect to hold the shares forever, unless their competitive position changes. For low-quality businesses, I wait for the price to reach its intrinsic value and undo the position.

Some posts youd like to read, and some videos you might like to watch:

Latest portfolio update: etoro.tw/36iLbRJ
Webinar about cash flow (video): etoro.tw/2SMqP0e
Columbia's certificate of value investing: etoro.tw/3dQFU8O
An investing conversation with @daveyk94 (video): etoro.tw/3xGbmgX
Full analysis of Vistra, with webinar (video): etoro.tw/3qu5djU
Inflows of money: stock market analysis: etoro.tw/2TwOzG4
The most important thing (Howard Marks): etoro.tw/3j1Hx6e
About banks: etoro.tw/3cYJUTQ
Aon and WLTW merger: etoro.tw/3xtDnYO
Facebook: etoro.tw/3aMBI7X
Should you time the market: etoro.tw/37bR1UM

by : www.etoro.com/people/ccalle
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds